Connect with us

Sensor to count punches

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by bibs, Jan 26, 2020.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. bibs

bibs

Jan 26, 2020
    Hello there,

I am no tech head and do not have a clue where to start, but I have something I want to create for myself. basically, I have a ball ( size of a tennis ball) that is attached to a string. the string is attached to a headband. if you can picture it, you wear the headband with string attached and at the end of the string is the ball. you strike the ball with your fists. I want to put some sort of device/sensor inside the ball so that when I strike it, it counts each punch that lands. what can I do to create this?? (I have attached image of what this headband ball looks like)

I know it sounds so simple, but I literally have no clue on where to start and what to use to make this. Any help will be much appreciated!!

Attached Files:

2. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    An accelorometer fed into a microcontroller would probably be the best approach.
    Try to find an arduino blog on the subject.

You may get away with a simpler approach of using a tilt sensor or a shock sensor similar to the ones used in home security.
    This sensor could then feed an externally mounted digital counter. This is the simplest approach but not as accurate in counting.

davenn likes this.
Ask a Question