Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sensor Project for Airplane Product

bobc

Jul 31, 2011
I'm a small business owner. I'm looking to form a business alliance with an electronics designer/developer to support an aviation related sensor project that I have underway.

I have a certified airplane product that needs a sensor pak that includes dynamic pressure, air temperature and barometric pressure sensors that will interface to a separately developed Bluetooth transmitter (you will not be doing Bluetooth, only sensor development).

Looking for serious responses from people/companies that can invest the money to prototype and bring to production a sensor pak in quantities of about 200 units/month.

This WILL require you to fund development and production - no funding will be provided.

If interested, please send your email address and brief work history in a private message and I will send you an RFP that explains it all.

Thanks,

--Bob

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Bob
welcome to the forums :)

you are looking in the wrong place, this is pretty much a purely electronics hobbiest forum
We see your style of request quite often and they are usually pretty quickly followed by
... I cant tell you anything without signing disclaimers ... its all top secret blah blah blah

Dave

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
This WILL require you to fund development and production - no funding will be provided.

Man you are going to pay a pretty penny for the prototypes if you every want to actually see one... I have yet to find anyone that works for free and pays all cost out of pocket, so the client can turn a profit...

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Dave is correct when he told you our membership are primarily hobbyists but that doesn't mean that we're devoid of engineers and techs. Over decades I've been approached by many aspiring entrepreneurs that have nothing more than a concept but few skills to compliment same. The propositions varied but none of them ever approached the absurdity of yours. This is the most outrageous business proposition I've ever read.

I suggest that you're first search should be for an investor that has the money to pay the very high cost of R&D. Since you also want to dump the production end in the engineer's lap the investor must have even deeper pockets.

In short, engineers do not invest money or time on speculation. Engineers have large brains and very modest bank accounts. Is this response "serious" enough for you?

Chris

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
I'm a small business owner. I'm looking to form a business alliance with an electronics designer/developer to support an aviation related sensor project that I have underway.

Bob

I forgot to mention this... If you're going to dabble with
an aviation related sensor
you may want to learn the industry terms.... Avionics.

Chris

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
In addition this strikes me as very odd...

I have a certified airplane product

What agency in their right mind 'certifies' a product that isn't complete or functional? I'm simply lost as to what this even means in reality...

I guess is could be a voluntary compliance certification like ROHS, where you can simply 'say' it complies and stick a sticker on it saying so...

bobc

Jul 31, 2011
You guys are really harsh :) I got a kick out of reading all the responses.

As an engineer myself, I understand what you're saying - long on ideas, short on cash. I've also seen the many so called opportunities over the years that lead no where.

I just thought I'd test the waters, and your forum seemed like a good place. The sensor pak I need is not my core competency - I'm mechanical - and facing another $100K in costs plus the sensor costs, after having spent $50K makes me want to bring in others that might be at a place in their life where an opportunity doing what they enjoy doing might make sense.

No harm in trying - right?

I appreciate your candid responses.

--Bob

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
You guys are really harsh :) --Bob

Ha, when I re-read what we've posted it does resemble dinner time at the Piranha's! :D

Chris

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
You guys are really harsh :) I got a kick out of reading all the responses.

--Bob

sorry about that Bob,

But as I said earlier... we see those sort of unrealistic requests constantly on the forum
and it wears VERY THIN after time and we all just roll our eyes mumbling ... " here's another one"

you have to understand ... no one is likely to do this at their own expense so you can profit

to quote cocacola ....
Man you are going to pay a pretty penny for the prototypes if you every want to actually see one... I have yet to find anyone that works for free and pays all cost out of pocket, so the client can turn a profit...

and cocacola even periodically has stuff sent to him by members on here for him to help them out with ... for a price :)

you need to step back have a second thought and realise how unreasonable you request is ;)

Dave