Maker Pro
Maker Pro

sensor color

rizal_electronics_E

Oct 9, 2013
Hi, I am newbe.

I get tasks from my teacher. My tasks is making a sensor color.

So can you guest me?

1. I use photodioda sensor

or

2. I use tcrt5000

Please, help me...:)

Thanks
Rizal.

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
The TCRT500 in an infrared detector /emitter pair. Not going to work for you.

A photodiode would work if you allow for the response curve:http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...&sa=X&ei=tURYUtLeFMaiyAGcq4Aw&ved=0CDoQ9QEwAg You would need to add appropriate optical filters if you need to discriminate different colors.

You can also use LDRs (light dependent resistors) with appropriate filters.

Has your teacher put any limits/requirements on your project?

Ken

rizal_electronics_E

Oct 9, 2013
...... You would need to add appropriate optical filters if you need to discriminate different colors.

You can also use LDRs (light dependent resistors) with appropriate filters.

Has your teacher put any limits/requirements on your project?

Ken

My teacher not put any limit on my project. It 's free but it should work for different color.

So can you explain me about optical filters?
I new hear it? :)

Thanks Ken for your reply.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I've moved this to homework help.

Before we can help you, you need to tell us more about what you want to do. "making a sensor color" seems to indicate you want to make a sensor that can differentiate between colours. Is that right?

Do you just want to be able to differentiate between a red object and a blue object, or differentiate between objects of different shades of blue (for example)?

Can you allow the sensor to be placed on colour to be sensed, or do you want to sense it remotely?

In both cases the former is far easier than the latter.

What resources do you have on hand. If you have nothing, what budget do you have?

And finally, have you considered how you might sense the colour of something? There are many ways and I'm sure you can come up with a few. Maybe if you do, we can suggest some others.

Finally, what is this project for? Is this a high school science project, or a post-graduate project (or somewhere in between)?

rizal_electronics_E

Oct 9, 2013
Yes, I wan to make a sensor that can differentiate between colors and all color in RGB system.
I want to allow the sensor to be placed on color to be sensed.
I have a photodiode sensor and tcrt5000, microcontroler atmel atmega 8, sound system.
And i have $150 on my hand.
This project for graduate project, I am a student at Brawijaya University.

Thanks before for your reply.
:)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
What sort of photodiode sensor do you have? (i.e. Is it just a photodiode, or is it some form of colour sensor chip?)

What have you done so far? (i.e. have you developed a circuit to simply sense light using the photodiode?)

Are you wanting to read the colour of an object that needs to be illuminated, or something like a computer screen that is generating coloured light?

How much experience do you have with electronics? (i.e. if we said you needed to build an amplifier using an op-amp with a gain of 100, would you know exactly what to do?)

How experiences are you with the ATMega8?

Are you using the arduino environment, or a blank microcontroller? If the latter, do you know how to use a bare chip?

What programmer do you have?

How much time do you have for this project?

rizal_electronics_E

Oct 9, 2013
What sort of photodiode sensor do you have? (i.e. Is it just a photodiode, or is it some form of colour sensor chip?)

What have you done so far? (i.e. have you developed a circuit to simply sense light using the photodiode?)

Are you wanting to read the colour of an object that needs to be illuminated, or something like a computer screen that is generating coloured light?

How much experience do you have with electronics? (i.e. if we said you needed to build an amplifier using an op-amp with a gain of 100, would you know exactly what to do?)

How experiences are you with the ATMega8?

Are you using the arduino environment, or a blank microcontroller? If the latter, do you know how to use a bare chip?

What programmer do you have?

How much time do you have for this project?
1. just a photodiode
2. I am making of analysis circuit sensor.
3. I just read color of object color (example: object full red).
4. 2 years. Yes, i used instrument op-amp with a gain 100--800.
5. I have experiences with ATMega 8 so far 1 years.
6. No, just blank microcontroller (only look datasheet) and i have msp340xxxx texas instrument.
7. i have dev c++, cvavr, avr studio, Isis, proteus and energia.
:)