Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Semiconductor manufacturing technology textbook recommendations

J

Julian Grodzicky

Jan 1, 1970
I'm considering purchasing a textbook for self study on semiconductor manufacturing technology and have come across a possible candidate published by the SPIE: Introduction to Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology, 2ed, HongXiao, 2012, 704pp, ISBN: 9780819490926, Volume: PM220.

http://spie.org/x648.html?product_id=924283&WT.mc_id=KTOP2013E

I'm holding off buying it straight away, even though it is a member's sale special, because the review says it has a minimal amount of maths, physics or chemistry. If I'm going to buy it, I want something a bit meatier. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

G

George Herold

Jan 1, 1970
I'm considering purchasing a textbook for self study on semiconductor manufacturing technology and have come across a possible candidate published by the SPIE: Introduction to Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology, 2ed, Hong Xiao, 2012, 704pp, ISBN: 9780819490926, Volume: PM220.

http://spie.org/x648.html?product_id=924283&WT.mc_id=KTOP2013E

I'm holding off buying it straight away, even though it is a member's sale special, because the review says it has a minimal amount of maths, physics or chemistry. If I'm going to buy it, I want something a bit meatier. Anyrecommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I don't know the book that you linked to. I also don't know much aboutSemi-manufacturing... so take this for what it's worth, (maybe not much). But I bought a used copy of the 3rd edition of P.Gray and R. Meyers "Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits", several years ago. Plenty of 'meat'! Maybe someone else will comment/ recommend something?

George H.

R

RobertMacy

Jan 1, 1970
Hi, I don't know the book that you linked to. I also don't know much
about Semi-manufacturing... so take this for what it's worth, (maybe not
much). But I bought a used copy of the 3rd edition of P.Gray and R.
Meyers "Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits", several
years ago. Plenty of 'meat'! Maybe someone else will comment/
recommend something?

George H.

Back in 60's?, or 70's Motorola published a great BASIC semiconductor
designing/manufacturing book. Don't remember the name, but have a copy in
storage. If you find it, it was larger than standard, more like 10 x 12

Had great pictures and diagrams and equations.

Maybe somebody will remember the name.

Uh, it is OLD and BASIC. Manufacturing capabilities and techniques have
followed Bob Noyce's curve ever since.