Connect with us

self-walking legs

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by DarthRevan, Nov 18, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. DarthRevan

DarthRevan

Nov 18, 2015
    hello, im very interested in electricity and electronics and i would love to be able to build legs i could wear that would walk for me, or help me use less energy when walking and hiking so i can do those things for longer. but idk how to do that, i looked into hydraulics and stuff but i don't understand how i would make my legs go forward without me doing anything, can anyone help?

2. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Hello DarthRaven,
    First, you need to win the lottery. Not just any lottery, but the BIG one!!!

Martin

3. DarthRevan

DarthRevan

Nov 18, 2015
    not helpful but thanks

4. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    The mechanism for powered legs would need a LOT of energy to power it. Try doing the maths to see just how much. I envision you having to lug the eqivalent of a couple of car batteries around with you to cover more than a few hundred yards :(.

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

As Martin said, you need to win the lottery, a really BIG one
    the technology involved is very significant and not something the avg person is going to do from home
    so you will need to employ some highly skilled technicians, programmers and manufacturing companies

I would strongly suggest you look at some simpler robotics projects first and get some understanding
    of the complexities involved

Dave

Martaine2005 likes this.
  6. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Get a powered wheelchair.

Bob

Martaine2005 likes this.
  7. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015