Connect with us

Seeking Knowledge!!

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Anykon34, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anykon34

Anykon34

Dec 3, 2016
    I have recently come across some settlement money and wanted to pick the brightest brains on the best way to go about building my own desktop or laptop from complete scratch?? Such as technology (quantum, nano, etc.), conductors, material (3D, Kevlar, metal, etc.), and everything that goes into building these machines. Imagine if money was not a factor and you could buy anything. I'm just looking for ideas. Please help. Thank you.

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    If you really want to build it from scratch you would start with sand and copper ore.

Bob

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    you need a huge team of IC designers costing you millions of $$, then you need to build an IC fabrication lab to produce all the IC's needed for the project costing you 100's of millions of $$,
    then you need to be able to manufacture all the connectors, cables resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes etc, costing you more millions
    then you need a factory to put all these parts together on a PCB that you will have to pay a team to design even more millions of $$

basically ... you are not going to do it on your own at home

Dave

4. OBW0549

OBW0549

Jul 5, 2016
    I'm sorry for having to be so blunt, but your questions tell me you don't have anywhere NEAR the knowledge needed to do any such thing; you'll just end up blowing your settlement money and have nothing to show for it but a lot of frustration and disappointment. (HINT: You're not going to obtain that knowledge by asking questions on an electronics forum, either; the topic is much, MUCH more involved than what can be conveyed that way.)

If you're really determined to get rid of that money, send it to me; I'll put it to good use by buying a supply of fine, 18 year-old single-malt Scotch whiskey.

davenn likes this.
  5. NMNeil

NMNeil

Oct 3, 2014
    Unless you can match Intel who have spent $11.7 billion in R&D so far this year I'd set my sights a lot lower.

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    thread closed

the Q has been answered and it not going to go anywhere useful

Ask a Question