Connect with us

Security System

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by kcmo1954, Jun 11, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. kcmo1954

kcmo1954

Jun 11, 2014
    Can anyone help me with the basics for a wireless home security system? Specifically, is there any "generic" control panels/boards out there? How can I attach a transmitter to alert the control panel to an inductive proximity sensor?

2. shumifan50

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
    The easiest way is to buy an off-the-shelf wireless system. It must be noted that wireless systems are nowhere near as good as wired systems as the wireless signal can be jammed quite easily. Personally I would never install a wireless security system.

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    As far as I know, security systems, to be secure, are proprietary to their manufacturer.
    I'd Google information on a security system that encompasses your requirement for inductive proximity sensors.

4. kcmo1954

kcmo1954

Jun 11, 2014
    Do you mean that someone could easily, and purposely "jam" the security system signal, or that the signal can easily be jammed because of the many wireless products which compete with each other in many homes now.

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    either of those ... accidental or purposeful disruption of the sensor signal

Dave

6. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Added to that, some wireless alarms are prone to false triggering from interference. I wouldn't have imagined this to be the case, but a couple of nights ago someone who's father has a wireless security alarm on business premises told me how easy it was to get them to false trigger. He said it appears that garage openers might even be the cause in his father's example. After sniffing the data for a while hi demoed setting off the alarm with just a burst of signal at the appropriate frequency -- not entirely foolproof.

Ask a Question