Connect with us

Security alarm monitoring services?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Albey, Apr 30, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Albey

Albey

Apr 29, 2013
    I just wondering that what type of security monitoring services you are using that is cheap and having a good performance.Because i am using a security monitoring services and i am paying about $200 for that.And its enough for me.Can you suggest any company that provide cheap with high performance?

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    At that price, you might consider buying your OWN system, with an interface to
    notify you via phone-line when it's tripped and you're not home.
    It would pay for itself in much less than a year.

3. Brian Ski

Brian Ski

Apr 19, 2013
    Also get a system that can call you via cell phone if the line is cut. May even interface the system with a remote viewing camera.

Keep an eye on the security monitoring service. A lot of them have a 2 or 3 year term that locks you into it.

4. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Darn, $200 a month for what? That money would better be spent on a super insurance policy and not worrying...

I made my own with a small micro, using the existing door/window and motion sensors and keypad it dials 3 hard coded numbers if an alarm is triggered and plays back a pre-recorded message... I could interface it to a cell system or Internet but doubt I will bother as I'm not that concerned...

Monthly cost zero besides the existing phone line, total out of pocket for the electronics under $20 since the sensors and keypad were already wired and installed... Hardest part was hacking the keypad to sorta work to turn on and off the alarm...

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  5. Albey

Albey

Apr 29, 2013
    re

Thanks all for your suggestion:)

Ask a Question