Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Secured Wireless Connectivity

Sjuan

Jan 9, 2012
Hi,

I am no engineer but I do have a concept that I am pursuing which begs the question:

Is it possible to have a master device which connects to only a particular type of slave devices? Its a little difficult for me to explain but by example this is what I mean:

Lets say that a cell phone brand-say Apple- came up with some technology that they wish to be exclusive to their iPhone device, this iPhone for whatever reason would need to have the capability of linking with various master devices in varying locations where any owner of an iPhone would have the capability of linking to these master devices. The master devices therefore, would need to be programmed to only recognize and be compatible with iPhone devices.

I know that WIFI works similar to this, automatically synching with a device once the WEP key has been programmed from master to slave but is there a way that a specified group of devices could immediately be recognized to synch with a master without having to provide a special code to be synched? Perhaps a microchip type that would immediately be recognized upon entering the range of the master? I ask this because my concept requires exclusive technology that could not simply be taken advantage of by today's average smart phone.

Any advice with this matter would be greatly appreciated:)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I presume your idea is so secret that you can't give us any more information. The answer I will give will be somewhere between totally useless and exactly what you require...

The simple method is by the use of encryption and shared keys.

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
All this exclusivity and vendor lock in these days are among the main reasons I haven't bothered to upgrade my phone in the last 7 years :p

Sjuan

Jan 9, 2012
haha, My device is not a cell phone, so don't be so sure you wouldn't purchase it ;)