Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Searching...

notagno

Feb 10, 2014
I have very little knowledge of the internal components of electronics. That's why I'm posting this here, in hopes someone here can help me. I'm looking for a device that is about as big as your pinky that can emit a sound frequency of 20hz-100/200hz (adjustible frequency would be nice). I also need it to be wireless. I'm not even sure if something like this exists.

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
Assuming you don't have line of sight, you could use these 2 modules (dirt cheap) adding an oscillator to the transmitter and speaker to the receiver.
RF Modules

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Strictly speaking it sounds like you're describing a battery powered oscillator.

Or is there some control aspect of "wireless" that you haven't mentioned?

In addition to this, an indication of how loud you need the sound to be would be good.

If you use a piezo element to produce the sound, and the resonant frequency for that device is adequate for your needs, you may be able to get quite high efficiency. You'll need that efficiency if you want a reasonable sound level from a device this small (i.e. with small batteries)

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Have you ever noticed that subwoofers are BIG? There is a reason for that. It is very difficult to get sound at that frequency out of a driver the size of your pinky.

Not sure at all what you mean by wireless here. Do you mean that you can control it via a wireless remote?

Bob