Connect with us

Searching for MDL2416 Display

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by jchiocca, Jun 21, 2020.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jchiocca

jchiocca

Jun 21, 2020
    Hello all!

I am looking for a rather uncommon LED display made by Seimens around the 1980s. It is the MDL2416, a rugged variant of the DL2416.
    [​IMG]
    Here is an article about on Industrial Alchemy:

https://www.industrialalchemy.org/articleview.php?item=1145

I have been searching for it on eBay for about 2 years and so far have found nothing!

If any of you have this display I am looking to purchase!

Thank you,
    JC

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Imho Ebay is not exactly a place to look for electronic components.

Supposedly available here or here.

3. jchiocca

jchiocca

Jun 21, 2020
    Hi Harald,

I have come to the same conclusion, eBay isn't the best. Thank you for the links, I have written to Online Chips and have not received a response yet.

The first link from Oxygen Electronics is actually of the MDL2416C, despite saying MDL2416.

I reached out to several of these online quote type websites and most of them have replied that the display is no longer available except one, they quoted me for $1500.00 for one unit! I expected it to be expensive but that is a large sum by any means.

4. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    This is hefty!
    Does i have to be the ruggedized variant? Maybe the standard model is easier and cheaper to come by.

5. jchiocca

jchiocca

Jun 21, 2020
    The main reason for the ruggedized variant is atheistic. I actually have a few of the mundane variant, they are fairly common.

This Hackaday article shows a tester for the MDL2416: https://hackaday.io/project/167137-alphanumeric-led-display-tester

There are also several YouTube videos featuring the display (ie: )

It seems there are a few of them floating around out there that hobbyists have obtained, I just have to find the source they have obtained them from.

Ask a Question