Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Scooter CDI

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
Anyone have some experience with scooters CDI (Capacitor discharge ignition).
On mine its blocked on 3400 RPM, i hear that its a trick with some capacitors change and
it will give more RPM around 6000 or so.

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
If this is one of the restricted scooters for driving license purposes, then increasing the RPM would increase the horsepower and make it illegal to drive with a restricted driving license.
Increasing the RPM would also shorten the life of the engine.

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
If this is one of the restricted scooters for driving license purposes, then increasing the RPM would increase the horsepower and make it illegal to drive with a restricted driving license.
Increasing the RPM would also shorten the life of the engine.

I know all that, im a mechanic. I can rebuild it for a few bucks :D

jpanhalt

Nov 12, 2013
Anyone have some experience with scooters CDI (Capacitor discharge ignition).
On mine its blocked on 3400 RPM, i hear that its a trick with some capacitors change and
it will give more RPM around 6000 or so.

Can you provide more information on how that CDI is "blocked" at 3400 rpm?

Without that information, any suggestion we give is a guess. Does the ignition have an advance? Is it mechanical or electronic? Do you have the circuit? Will the engine run without an advance? Is it 2-stroke or 4-stroke? Any pictures?

John

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
Can you provide more information on how that CDI is "blocked" at 3400 rpm?

Without that information, any suggestion we give is a guess. Does the ignition have an advance? Is it mechanical or electronic? Do you have the circuit? Will the engine run without an advance? Is it 2-stroke or 4-stroke? Any pictures?

John

I was 4stroke 125 cc engine, GY6 chinese copy.
but my friend had to sell it, engine stuck, crankshaft or something didnt try to fix it :D

when i buy one like that ill post pictures and ask question :/