Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sciaky model C.R.O.I. what is it?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I think you should try to replace those "insect hotels" with common red and black, chassis-mount, banana jacks,

That turned out to be the option I took. I replaced the red jack with a red terminal post. It allows the front cover to slip off past it, BUT the hole in the chassis is a little too large, and the terminal post is made of softish plastic. I'll need to either replace it later or add some washers either side. The big improvement here was that rather than soldering directly to the terminal post, I connected the wires/components to a solder tag that is bolted in place on the terminal post. You can see the wires dangling on the lower right corner of this image:

Unfortunately I had just used my last black terminal post that is remotely suitable, so I cleaned and retained the original. I'll replace that later.

Anyway, here it is with the red terminal post:

IMG_20200331_093207_compress30.jpg

It's a cheap (and modern) looking terminal post. I know there are some older looking ones at the hackerspace I frequent, but I am in self-isolation, and they are only partially open.

Oh, I almost forgot, the knobs are in great condition, so the original Bakelite knobs remain!

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
The red replacement looks like a 5-way binding post.