Connect with us

School Project: Robot Vacuum Cleaner

Discussion in 'Project Log Discussion' started by jagan, Jun 9, 2012.

1. jagan

jagan

Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
  2. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    what have you got so far? i can't find any posts

3. jagan

jagan

Jun 4, 2012
    look in the project logs section, where i have uploaded the actual things i am doing. As you can't actually comment on that thread, i have started this thread so you can post your commetns here. So in the project log page, look for the thread with the same title.

4. Ian

Ian Administrator

Aug 23, 2006
    I've added a link to the main thread jagan, as that will help people find it :).

Good luck with your GCSE project - I remember working on my Technology Project fondly!

Looking forward to watching the project log evolve.

5. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    as this is homework in essence I can't add too much, but an observation with your mind map is that there is no discussion on power. if running from mains then chords can get tangled. if on battery when does it self charge? will this affect the timer?
    as its indoor use I am assuming solar will not be ideal.

6. jagan

jagan

Jun 4, 2012
    I know I will be using batteries, but I haven't yet figured out the self-charging problem, however, at the moment it seems too advanced as it would need the robot recognising where its current location is, and where the docking station is, calculating the route etc. I will not be going that deep at the moment.

Maybe i will have to just charge it fully before each run.

Thanks for the suggestion.

7. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    or a secondary system that beeps when the battery is low so you can find it to put on charge, and also doesn't drain the battery of the vaccuum/ motor servo

8. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    Interesting. I have this image in my head of a terminator doing the hoovering :p

Question: You mention predefined coordinates for stop. How will it determine those if the only reference is a memory of movements. It could be picked up, knocked off course etc.

Ask a Question