Connect with us

Sauna Steam Generator - Bypass ne555 timer?

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by naturelion, Aug 5, 2020.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. naturelion

naturelion

Aug 5, 2020
    Hello All,

I am operating a mushroom farm that uses steam for sterilization of substrates. I bout this 3KW sauna steam generator and it has a wall-mounted controller that has a 60 minute timer.

In order to sterilize the substrate I need it to run significantly longer than this. I am wondering what is the easiest way to wire a switch to bypass the timer completely?

Note: I wont be falling asleep while using it, just want to be able to walk away for a couple hours without it turning off.

Thanks for your help.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• a2.jpg
      a2.jpg
      File size:
      203.5 KB
      Views:
    • a3.jpg
      a3.jpg
      File size:
      241.1 KB
      Views:
    • a4.jpg
      a4.jpg
      File size:
      277.9 KB
      Views:
    • a5.jpg
      a5.jpg
      File size:
      235.6 KB
      Views:
  2. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    What happens if you shut the power switch off at at 59 minutes or 61 minutes and then turn it back on? Does it just restart the 60 minute cycle?

naturelion and Martaine2005 like this.
  3. WHONOES

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
    Is the timer mechanical or otherwise.

naturelion likes this.
  4. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    I'd say, no way.
    There's a microcontroller in there monitoring inputs and controlling various outputs to give an ideal outcome.
    Timing would be embedded in the programming and via the controller.
    Bypassing anything would, I'd imagine, cause all sorts of undesirable outcomes.

naturelion and Martaine2005 like this.
  5. naturelion

naturelion

Aug 5, 2020

6. naturelion

naturelion

Aug 5, 2020
    When you shut the power off it resumes the cycle where it left off, so if it was 55 minutes it will be the same when I turn it back on.

7. naturelion

naturelion

Aug 5, 2020
    As far as I can tell is that it's a heating element that is on or off, and a valve to let water in or out. The water tank is plumbed in so the valve opens when it gets to the low level on the 3 prong sensor. It closes when the water level gets to the top of the sensor. I am not sure about the various inputs and outputs.

8. naturelion

naturelion

Aug 5, 2020
    Not mechanical, I believe its a 555 chip controlling the timer.

9. naturelion

naturelion

Aug 5, 2020
    I was wondering since the Diagram says the steamer controls has a switch which is green and yellow.

Could I supply power to that circuit using the power circuit for the led light (which I will never use)

Then I could use the switch on the remote to activate the LED circuit to disable the timer... perhaps.

10. Cirkit

Cirkit

Oct 28, 2015
    The 60 minutes is most likely for safety if the steam generator is designed for a sauna. Can you post close up photos of the circuit including ICs?

Ask a Question