Connect with us

Sanyo TV Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Davidmemish, May 25, 2013.

1. Davidmemish

Davidmemish

May 25, 2013
    Hi,

My TV (Sanyo LED-46XR10FH) suddenly wont turn on, despite the blue light in the bottom of the panel being present, nothing happens. I did some googling and was under the impression it was likely to be a blown capacitor on the power supply. So I opened it up and to my dismay no capacitors were 'popped'. However I did notice another component on the power supply was not right. My question is: What is the name of the component, is it easily replaced and can I buy it online?

See the links below for a picture of the part and the serial numbers etc. of the power supply:

http://postimg.org/image/ena8qjwjp/
    http://postimg.org/image/4zids76up/

Thankyou in advance for any help, I appreciate it :)

2. Davidmemish

Davidmemish

May 25, 2013
    Or now that I am looking at it, is it even broken there? :/

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    well there's lots of components in the second pic
    which one did you think wasnt right ??

they all look OK

Dave

4. Davidmemish

Davidmemish

May 25, 2013
    Well that 'residue' around the contacts in the bottom centre of the pic (on the large yellow component), is that normal? Thanks for the reply :)

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    yeah its normal, just a bit of solder flux :)

Dave

6. Davidmemish

Davidmemish

May 25, 2013
    Damn, that actually kinda sucks, it would have been an easy fix :/. Could you possibly shed any light on why it might not be working properly, if all the components seem fine?

7. pistolpedro

pistolpedro

Jun 3, 2013
    try to google the power supply board number and look for a service manual or a fix kit.
    i found a fix kit for 10 dollars on ebay for my old lcd tv a year ago and its still working.

look up tampatecs channel for many repair instructions.
    example:

take care and update what you find out or need help with.

Ask a Question