Connect with us

Samsung TV buzzing noise

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by ytass, Nov 22, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ytass

ytass

Nov 22, 2013
    Hello!

I have a Samsung plasma tv and it is making a buzzing sound from its circuit board.

The sound seems to be stronger near the three coils on the pcb (shown in the attached picture).

I spoke to a friend who suggested that the noise could be caused by the coils vibrating, and suggested I apply hot glue to the coils.
    I've applied hot glue between the coils and pcb, but I find he buzzing level to be unchanged.

Does anyone know what could be causing this noise, and how I could fix it?
    The tv image is beautiful, but the buzzing noise really spoils things.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Hmm. I haven't heard of hot glue being used for that. I use spray-on lacquer. If you can remove the hot glue, you could try that.

You may not have located all of the noisy inductors. Try holding a thin cardboard tube up to your ear, and move the other end around the board. Be very careful not to get your head too close to the board!

3. Lyallpur

Lyallpur

Nov 24, 2013
    hellow
    i fix a problem many time
    sound creator polypropylene capacitors
    find it and fix it

4. mikey5791

mikey5791

Jun 7, 2013
    Hi,

The buzzing noise could be from those failing / about to fail capacitor . To check the noise source, turn on your tv, then roll up a thin cardboard to a straw like shape about 6 inch long and 1 inch diameter. Glue or tape your end fold to hold it in place. Use this like a "doctor stethoscope" and touch any noisy suspect component especially the green capacitor in the middle part and the three green capacitors on the right. Otherwise, test to rest of the component to see which is the culprit. Be extra aware of not touching your bare hands to high voltage area.

Good luck !

5. ytass

ytass

Nov 22, 2013
    Thanks for your responses. I will try your suggestions and get get back to you shortly.

Ask a Question