Connect with us

Samsung Television Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Newcomer, Jul 28, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Newcomer

Newcomer

Jul 28, 2012
    Hi guys,

I am having a problem with my Plasma TV and I am hoping I can get some assitance from you guys who know about this stuff. I have no problem trying to fix the television myself and I am certain that I can fix it I just need a little direction on what to look for or at. I have no real experience with electronics.

I have a Samsung HPS5053X/XAA which is a 50" Plasma. The TV has started to have an issue where the screen will go black after it is on for 30-45 minutes. If I shut the TV off for 10 minutes and turn it back on then it will work fine for about another 30-45 minutes before going black again. When the screen goes black I can still hear the sound, I have tried pushing the menu button on the TV when the screen is black but it does not come up. I have read about bad capacitors but it seems that problem is linked more to a black screen on initial power on. The TV does seem to "prime" itself when I first turn it on, it changes from black to a very dark grey when I first turn it on and then the image comes up. It seems to me that something is getting hot and causing the image to go out??

Lastly, I am sure this is not the first time this has been asked and I apologize if this has been covered and there is already a thread covering it. Thanks in advance.

2. tukarrosa

tukarrosa

Jun 25, 2012
    which colour has the light(ON button),when the screen goes black???surely they are bad capacitors(they look bumped compared to other capacitors). In short I think you should check if all the components are working well

3. Newcomer

Newcomer

Jul 28, 2012
    The power button on the face of the tv at the bottom has a blue light around it which is illuminated when the tv is powered off. When I turn the tv on the blue light around the on button goes out and it stays out also when the tv goes black..........

4. tukarrosa

tukarrosa

Jun 25, 2012
    Have you checked the components on the circuit board of the switching power supply??

Ask a Question