Maker Pro
Maker Pro

samsung pcj534rx

kkreisler

Feb 11, 2007
hello,
I have recently adopted an orphaned samsung pcj with some issues from my father in-law. He had to replaced (r424), a 47 ohm resistor in the protection circuit on the Main board twice due to overheating and now the set is dead due to some other problem. I do have a service manual with some prints but the prints are so compact the printing is almost impossible to read, it doesnt state very many voltages and the circuits jump around alot, I was going to buy the sams photofacts manual does anyone have these manuals to tell me if its worth it or if it would be the same as what I have.

There appears to have been some coolant oil leaking onto a multiple winding transformer t802 and the fuses dowstream, the fuses, and diodes after the transformer/power supply all check out, when the set is plugged in I hear a cap charge, then a relay click then the transformer just ticks repeatedly the red standby light comes on steady in the front of the set.

Also I was wondering if I take the crt connections off of the boards so I can pull them out farther to check voltages would the boards power up as long as the board to board connections were made?

One more thing, I think this started as a result of oil leaking onto the board, I read somewhere that there is a fix for these leaky crts some expansion chamber or overflo device, anyone know where I can get them?

Last edited:

kkreisler

Feb 11, 2007
I found that the horizontle output transistor is bad, is there anything else I should look for before replacing and attempting to power up?

Last edited: