Connect with us

Saitek PZ44 - Blown board repair

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by KiwiElectronics, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KiwiElectronics

KiwiElectronics

Jul 12, 2016
    Hi Guys,

Picked up a cheap Saitek PZ44 flight yoke from eBay as it was faulty.

Basically the guy had an official power supply plugged into this yoke and other USB flight stuff into the back of it and he turned them on one day and a bunch of them just stopped working.

I have fixed a few TVs and monitors lately for friends / family and I thought hey, why not try my hand at this! Once I opened it up I could see the board itself was tiny, I was expecting like a blown Cap or something! Seems I am a little out of my depth!

I can see some burning / charring on the board but am unsure what to do to test what has actually blown.

Can anyone give me some advice based on the photos I have uploaded?

The circle on the left is the power input, has 6 solder joints on the side, looks a little brown around them but the connections look decent. The other two are just where I noticed some charring / wonky stuff going on!

board123.jpg board22.jpg

Thanks!

2. slammer88

slammer88

Oct 14, 2018
    Did you find anything useful ? Mine is not working as well for a week and i don't know why.. Changed the crystal with a new one but didnt work..

3. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Pointless replying to such an old post.
    The brown stuff is simply GLUE and not a problem.
    Without a schematic and test equipment you're unlikely to fix any issues with the board. Look for cracked or loose connections on the sockets.

Ask a Question