Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RSSI measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

enrakeshkumar

Feb 15, 2016
Hi,
I have 2 tranceivers and i have to measure the rssi value at any one of those tranceivers.
Please help me by providing any circuit to measure the Rssi value..or any other method to measure rssi value of the signal.

Thanks in advance.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi,
I have 2 tranceivers and i have to measure the rssi value at any one of those tranceivers.
Please help me by providing any circuit to measure the Rssi value..or any other method to measure rssi value of the signal.

Thanks in advance.

we cant do that until you supply a circuit of the receivers used in your system
Many receiver chips have an RSSI output pin from which signal strength can be measured and or displayed on a meter

Dave

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
RSSI has no fixed unit, it is an arbitrary value assigned to the relative strength of the received signal. If your receiver doesn't provide a built-in indication of received signal strength (which it may well have), it will not be easy to create such an indication by external means. You will have to tune a separate receiver to the same frequency your transceivers use and measure the received signal strength.

enrakeshkumar

Feb 15, 2016
Actually one of my tranceiver is fixed and another is moving.
Moving tranceiver has to send signal to fixed tranceiver then it has to transmit that signal again to the moving tranceiver.
I need rssi value to deal with the distance between those tranceivers

Help me out with any other ideas..
Thank u.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Actually one of my tranceiver is fixed and another is moving.

and that just makes the RSSI variable

I need rssi value to deal with the distance between those tranceivers

that cant be done with the info you have so far supplied as it is subject to so many variables
and RSSI isn't going to tell you what you want anyway

for the TX --- transmitter power, frequency, coax losses ( if any) antenna gain
in between TX and RX ... obstructions etc

for the RX --- receive antenna gain, coax losses ( if any), receiver front end gain, noise figure etc

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.