Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RS & Farnell codes

Faisal Shah

Mar 8, 2017
Hi

I have started a new supply business and normally get inquiries with Farnell codes. Is there a way to conver these into RS codes and find the exactly same item hoping the price will be cheap.

thanks

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
You'll have to make your own cross reference list.
Or look up the manufacturer's part number instead of the distributors stock number.

Faisal Shah

Mar 8, 2017
You'll have to make your own cross reference list.
Or look up the manufacturer's part number instead of the distributors stock number.
tHANKS FOR THIS

do you think either RS or FARNELL will allow me to link their website with my so my customers get to c the direct prices and stock availability and i can negotiate commission with RS or FARNELL

Also if the manufacturer part number is same there is no chance of receiving a different product is it??

thanks

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
do you think either RS or FARNELL will allow me to link their website
You'll have to ask them. Personally I doubt they will agree.

Also if the manufacturer part number is same there is no chance of receiving a different product is it??
There's possibly a risk. Some products may be generic without the guarantee that you'll get parts from a certain manufacturer. Other parts may be specifically designated to come from a certain manufacturer. You'll have to verify this with the distributors.

Faisal Shah

Mar 8, 2017
You'll have to ask them. Personally I doubt they will agree.

There's possibly a risk. Some products may be generic without the guarantee that you'll get parts from a certain manufacturer. Other parts may be specifically designated to come from a certain manufacturer. You'll have to verify this with the distributors.
SO what i am understanding form you is that same manufacturer part number could result in two different types of items

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Sometimes a vendor reserves the right to deliver a (in his view) compatible component. Not generally.
This may or may not happen. You'd have to check with the distributors.