Connect with us

RS-232 receptacle

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Ignoramus14534, Jun 23, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. I would like to buy a RS-232 (DB-9 serial port) receptacle that I can
    mount on a panel. That's to make a device that would be able to be
    connected to a PC via serial cable. I suspect that I am not looking
    for proper terms, anyone know what they are called? Thanks
  2. Luhan

    Luhan Guest

    That would be a DB-9F (panel mount).

  3. They are called "D-Subminature" connectors. Cannon, who invented the
    series, calls the 9 pin version a DE-9. The second letter is the
    shell size - for standard density, the E shell holds 9 pins, A is 15,
    B is 25, C is 37 and D is 50.

    The connectors are now made by manufacturers in many configurations.
    They should be available from any electronics distributor.

    Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
    peterbb4 (at)
    new newsgroup users info :
    GPS and NMEA info:
    Vancouver Power Squadron:
  4. Thanks. I searched for db9 on digikey and found item 2709F-ND, seems
    to be good enuf.

  5. It would be a DE-9, but searching for D-sub connector might help. You
    also need to decide what connection scheme you want (solder cup, IDC

    Best regards,
    Spehro Pefhany
  6. David Harmon

    David Harmon Guest

    That would be a DB-9F (panel mount).[/QUOTE]

    More likely a DE-9F
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day