Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Rotel RX-203 Receiver: Full working order for HeadPhone Plug, no sound for speakers

lampardlb

Nov 11, 2011
Hey Everyone:
I have a Rotel Vintage receiver RX-203, it has very beautiful sound. Yet there is some problem with it. When turned on, it can put very good sound through the headphone plug into my headphone, all the components are working in full orders: amplifier, AM/FM receiver; but no sound at all through the spring terminals to the speakers. Could anyone please give some advice on how to repair it? I have the owner's manual and service manual which is too large to upload, if you need them, please let me know.

Thank you very much!
lampardlb

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi there
welcome to the forums :)

can you even just upload the circuit diag's for around the PSU and audio outpuit stages. dont need the whole manual at this stage :)

You need to determine if the output stages have failed. or maybe the power supply to those stages

cheers
Dave

lampardlb

Nov 11, 2011
hi there
welcome to the forums :)

can you even just upload the circuit diag's for around the PSU and audio outpuit stages. dont need the whole manual at this stage :)

You need to determine if the output stages have failed. or maybe the power supply to those stages

cheers
Dave

Thank you very much. Dave.:)
I've attached the diagram here.

Cheers

Attachments

• output.jpg
    output.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 992

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Problems I've found in the past, easy things to check first:
1) Headphone jack contacts bent, allowing audio signal to the headphones, but keeping
the contacts from returning to 'normal' position to send the signal back to the speakers.
2) Internal speaker fuses to external speakers blown.
3) Blown speakers
Easy things to check, before delving into the circuitry of the receiver.
good luck

lampardlb

Nov 11, 2011
The whole output part. Thank you everyone.

Attachments

• output.jpg
    output.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 755

lampardlb

Nov 11, 2011
Well, I've checked the diagram, it looks like the speakers use the same line with headphones, so it may be the switch and contact between the headphone and speaker docks... I'll check it now, thank you everyone!

lampardlb

Nov 11, 2011
Fixed!!As some of you pointed out-it's the dirty switch between speaker and headphone that caused the problem. Thank you all very much for your help!

Cheers
lampardlb