Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Roland xp60 key board

Thushan

Sep 2, 2021
Hi,
Xp 60 key board enter, shift, 0, 1, 2, 3, BWD & FWD buttons are not working, please help me to fix it,

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
I have no experience with those but imagine the general procedure is going to be opening it up, seeing if there is any fluid that was spilled in, check whether the switch that each faulty key activates is working (continuity or resistance multimeter measurement), or if this group shares some common component upstream, or a circuit board trace is bad.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Thushan . . . . .

Sir Thushan . . . . .

What ? . . . . /. .no takers ?

Here is your problem area, now being all marked up for more in depth analysis .
Get the unit having this portion accessible for taking readings . . . . and call back.

TECHNO - REF . . . . .
Roland-XP-80-Sw-itch-Assy.png

73's de Edd . . . . .

TODAY’S STOCK MARKET REPORT

Helium is up.
Feathers are down.
Paper is stationary.
Fluorescent tubing was dimmed by light trading.
Knives were up . . . . sharply.
Cows steered into a bull market.
Pencils lost a few points.
Hiking equipment was trailing.
Elevators rose, while escalators continued their slow decline.
Weights were up in heavy trading.
Light switches were off.
Mining equipment hit rock bottom.
Diapers remained unchanged.
Shipping lines stayed at an even keel.
The market for raisins dried up.
COCA COLA fizzled.
CATERPILLAR stock inched up a bit.
SUN peaked at midday.
Balloon prices were inflated.
Scott Tissue touched a new bottom.
And batteries exploded, in an attempt to recharge the market.

Thushan

Sep 2, 2021
Sir, 73's de edd,
Thank you so much for your attend, it's helpful

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Thushan . . . .

I assume that you might also need the full possibilities of solving your problem now.
I took particular attention to do a mark up of just the push buttons :

BWD FWD SHIFT 0 ENTER 1 2 3

that seem to be inoperative on your unit.
If you then examine the combination of interconnected foil paths and jumper wires associated with those buttons, you will see that they start with BWD as its SW72.
BWD /SW72
, if pressed down, connects a D72 steering diode into the marked multi RED dotted path that ALSO has all your other INOPERATIVE keys tied into that same line that eventually has to pass through JUMPER WIRE J48 (? bad solder connection ?) and JUMPER WIRE J62 (? bad solder connection ?), until a final ending of all of those series of interconnects at the top of page connector CN10 and its pin #7.
A logical first test now would be to have an AC UNPOWERED unit and do a LOW OHMS continuity / expecting almost ZERO ohms , from the cathode of D72 diode to the final end of all interconnects at pin #7 of CN10.
( You possibly might also later find out that you need to track down the wire within the wiring harness that contains that #7 wire connection, down to ITS origin / source also . . . . . somewhere else in the unit. )
If that series of interconnections are all good from SW72-------CN10 #7, a shorted or leaky steering diode of D-72, D71, D70, D69, D68, D67, D-66 or D65 could be causing all of your mentioned dead keys.
Now look at the ENTER D68 associated diode and you will see that the ENTER SW68 has a RED / BLACK dot path routed up and ending at CN8 #5.
You would have only that key inoperative on a loss of series interconnections, or your tracking out out the other 7 switches and testing their connections . . . . . I do not expect a problem in those series of connections.

Finally, since I am expecting all of the rest of your keys to be operating properly, I did a lesser mark up with many fewer GREEN dots on the same type of a set of 8 keys, that end at CN10 #6.
Also, the same treatment with GREEN / BLACK dots to its CN8 #6. You could do a comparative resistance test between like parts of the GREEN and RED dot circuitry to see what is different.

SUSPICIONS . . . . .
After the initial series of interconnections of that set of bad keys I am expecting a bad / shorted / leaky diode that is disabling the whole mentioned cluster..
As far as all of the TACT switches , I have only found open or no-makee-connection faults with them , I have yet to find my first SHORTED TACT switch.

Thaaaaaaaaaassssssit . . . . . . .

73's de Edd . . . . . .

Just exactly how long is a minute . . . . . sometimes, that depends on . . . . . WHICH side of the bathroom door that YOU are on.