Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Roland xp 50 problem

ym_dx21

Nov 20, 2014
I have a problem with my roland xp 50. When synth start after a few seconds, locks and not react to any command even if i stop and restart. I read on the forums that the problem would be the capacitors on the motherboard. I replaced all the capacitors with some normal (not SMD) in the same capacity but with higher voltage. its just what i found . Seems to work a while but has a loud noise in the headphones and after a while .... locks.is a problem if I did not put SMD capacitors ? Please help me !!!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi there
welcome to the forums :)

as long as the value was the same, higher voltage caps isn't a problem
maybe you put one reversed ?

how about some photo's of where you did replacements SHARP and WELL LIT
clear enough that we can read component and circuit board text

have you googled for a service manual or at least a schematic ?

cheers
Dave

ym_dx21

Nov 20, 2014
thanks for the answer.
I do and I will post some pictures here. i have service manual to.

ym_dx21

Nov 20, 2014
Hello ! for the moment i cannot make high definition pictures to show you caps solders but today i`ve replaced all caps with exactly original type of smd caps and the same values and the synth doesn`t block anymore even after a few hours of functiones but it has strong noise on some parts of keyboard (octave) especially on high notes of the tone ....sometimes tones like piano, violin and guitars are work perfectly on all keyboard... i think the C 174 and C 175 from D/A converter may cause the noise but i`m not pretty sure. Here i attached the service manual http://www.synfo.nl/servicemanuals/Roland/XP-50_SERVICE_NOTES.pdf Please i need your help

Last edited:

ym_dx21

Nov 20, 2014
I did a test and this is what resulted: CPU ....... OK
DRAM ..... OK
SRAM ...... OK
BATTERY .... 3.1 V
BENDER .... displays when you move left and right
Modulation .... max limit displays when you move
LCD .... ok
CONTRAST .... OK from 0 to 10.
panel function buttons (all buttons on the organ)
But on SOUND appear Lsine and has a strong distorted sound in the left speaker, giving enter and appears Rsquare ... same distorted sound .... then appears R / W cheking and R / W ok I: 31 D: 36. ..giving enter again and out of test mode. The sound is heavily distorted as when you press any flap and distorted sounds ..... i`ve tryed to take audio signal before the amplifier on caps (C11 and C7) with an external amplifier (bypass it amplifier onboard) ...the signal which is coming from D/A converter and no results ...the noise persist....What can i do ??? I call a lot of electronic services but nobody can help me.