Maker Pro

Rocker switch replacement for Lamp

ianoc

Jan 15, 2017
I am trying to find a small rocker switch replacement for a standard lamp
The switch is Black plastic Ht 25mm, Wdth 16mm, Depth 16mm
Ref markings on switch are T125/55, OVE, 568, ENFC11
It has screw (not crimp connections).
Frustratingly this same question was asked before in Dec 2015 by Metaduck (who posted the dimensions with photos) but I cannot tell from the thread if metaduck found a solution.
I would be very grateful for an answer - it is a tiny item which is rendering an expensive Carpyen, Galilea lamp unuseable!
Ianocon

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I am trying to find a small rocker switch replacement for a standard lamp
The switch is Black plastic Ht 25mm, Wdth 16mm, Depth 16mm
Ref markings on switch are T125/55, OVE, 568, ENFC11

how abo9ut a photo so we know what you are talking about

ianoc

Jan 15, 2017
fullsizerender-1-jpg.23518

Thanks for reply Davenn
Here is photo (borrowed from an earlier Metaduck post - thanks) - would appreciate knowing where to look to replace
regards Ianocon

Davemonunn

Oct 25, 2018
fullsizerender-1-jpg.23518

Thanks for reply Davenn
Here is photo (borrowed from an earlier Metaduck post - thanks) - would appreciate knowing where to look to replace
regards Ianocon

Hey guys! #fix #solution #answer #win

I found one of these lamps on the side of the road and decided to adopt it. I found that it had the faulty switch aswell.

After playing around with it a while I deciding to just brake it all appart as I was frustrated woth it. I discovered that you can actually do a quick fix by simply inserting a screwdriver into the switch and prying the "rocker switch" part out (the plastic around it is quite flexible and will alow it to pop out, and in, easy)
There should be a little copper piece underneath it that you just need to scrape clean the contact spots and bend it a little more open to increase the switche's "springiness" (this helps it maintain it in the 'on' position)

Then all you need to do is pop it all back together and bingo! No need to buy new parts- recycling is the best, for the planet, and for your walet!

Hope that helps any other handy men like me!