Connect with us

Rocker Switch Potentiometer?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by tsharkey, Aug 1, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. tsharkey

tsharkey

Aug 1, 2012
    Hello everybody, I'm new here. Greetings!

I have been struggling trying to find a part, I'm wondering if someone can help me... Basically what I'm looking for is a rocker switch, that acts as a potentiometer. I don't want the typical on/off switch, but rather something more along the lines of a joystick, with rocker switch construction. Size is important, I'm looking for something very small. Something that could be mounted to a PCB would be EXCELLENT.

Here is a link to one that I've found, basically I'm looking for a smaller version of this:
    http://www.precisionsales.com/joystick/images/pdf/J3R.pdf

I don't have a whole lot of experience in electronics, so I'm not sure what the best companies/websites are to look for something like this.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
    Tom

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Probably the closest you will find over the counter is the small pc board mount analog 'thumb joystick' controllers found in most game systems nowadays... They have two way ones of these as well, so you don't have to deal with side to side movement...

3. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    Do you need a true potentiometer or something like that with 4 or so different resistances that you can work with?

If that is the case you can get a multiple position rocker switch and basically make your own with secondary resistors tailored to your needs

4. tsharkey

tsharkey

Aug 1, 2012
Ask a Question