Maker Pro
Maker Pro

robot race

shobhan03

Feb 8, 2010
hello there,
i am to make a vehicle for a roborace event,that has to pass through a certain terrain on the track for eg. small pebbles, a small inclination and through a water segment which is not deep, just the wheels would get wet. so my question is , what according to you should be the approach to build such automated vehicle? what type of circuit should i be going for? what kind of motors to be used? what kind of wheels to be taken? should it be caterpillar type? this vehicle can be controlled by RC which is wired. also do consider the economy factor while giving your suggestions.
thanks..

heri.aza

Dec 31, 2009
i think for the motor you need high torque motor and use large wheels...

tarar916

Feb 12, 2010
is ur robot only required to move in a stright line then only one motor would suffice. and probably simple circuit can do that.
but if it require some turning then design may go vary complicated for u including two motors being controlled at the same time and then their speed matching issues.
what is ur scope for this project. then i might be able to help u with more details according to the information provided.

tejk007

Feb 14, 2010
Hi
ok you want remotely operated robot. So first of all decide which micro-controller is required. Then how to program it. then comes the output ports of micro-controller where you connect motors. I think you will require 2 high torque dc motors for acceleration. Then you can use any wheels taking in mind that it should have better grip. Because the robo should not deviate from track. hope this will help
thanks

Last edited by a moderator: