Connect with us

RLC Circuit Question

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Zeeman2000, Mar 19, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Zeeman2000

Zeeman2000

Mar 2, 2015
    Hoping someone can help. I have been studying RLC series circuits. The first set of questions gave the value of resistor, inductor and capacitor, which were calculated as follows:

To calculate resonant frequency:
    fr = 1 / 2π√LC
    fr = 1200Hz

To calculate Q:
    Q = 2πfL / R
    Q = 80

To calculate Bandwidth:
    BW = fr / Q
    BW = 15Hz

The question set then goes on to show another series RLC. It gives the value of the resistor, the resonant frequency, and the value of Q.

I have tried re-arranging the equations but can only find the bandwidth and have no idea how to find the inductor and capacitor values.

I have searched Google for answers but not turned up any equation to find L and C values.

Any help much appreciatted.

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    You have to choose one of them, then the other is determined by the equations.

Bob

3. Ratch

Ratch

Mar 10, 2013
    The second equation involves Q, R, fr, and L . You know what Q, R, and fr are, so you can find L. The first equation involves fr, L, and C. You know what fr and L are, so now you can find C.

Ratch

Ask a Question