Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Rising/lowering platform wrist watch?

socalfusions

May 31, 2012
Hello all, I'm trying to figure out how to create a device that is the size of a wrist watch that contains a platform than can rise and lower at the command of a preset alarm on the device in addition to having a digital clock to set this. Basically the platform would be raised and would only lower when the alarm time you set was reached at which point it would stay lowered until reset. What kind of materials and skills would be required to create something like this in a low profile package?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Depends on the weight it would need to lift, also battery considerations will play heavily... "Muscle" wire is super compact and can be used for low torque motion applications...

socalfusions

May 31, 2012
Depends on the weight it would need to lift, also battery considerations will play heavily... "Muscle" wire is super compact and can be used for low torque motion applications...

The platform would either carry no weight or just the digital clock. I'm not sure what is commonly available that is smaller than watch batteries but those seem sufficient. I've never seen muscle wire before it's very interesting, thanks for the post.