Connect with us

Rgb led connector

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by Crimdog81, May 16, 2017.

1. Crimdog81

Crimdog81

May 16, 2017
    Hey guys,

I'm a rookie here so be gentle. Hahaha.

I am designing a camp light setup that runs of an aux battery in my landy. I have a 5ch wifi controller on the way which I'm hiding in a cubby spot in the rear of the car and will be wired to power. From the controller I was hoping to create a neat plug in panel to connect the led strips.
    The warm white strip is easy, I will use panel mounted 5.5x 2.1 mm socket. But I can't seem to find anything 4 pin for the rgb strip. I was going to use USB but not really suitable.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Paul.

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Welkcome to EP, Paul.

I have used single in line sockets like these for a similar purpose. However, in my case they give only a rather loose fit and I had to secure the connectors with some electric tape - no problem here as the installation is fixed.
    For a removable (plugable) solution I suggest you solder wires to the LED strips and use standard 4 pin connectors for example as used in computers or, more ruggedized, as used in industrial devices (example). This will be much more reliable.

Crimdog81 likes this.
  3. Crimdog81

Crimdog81

May 16, 2017
    Thanks Harold aprezciate your reply.

I'll look into those. Once finished I'll report back if anyone is interested. Haha

Ask a Question