Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RGB LED Color Slider

tigidig3x

Apr 24, 2013
hi guys..im a student and ive been currently taking digital circuits subject.. i need to make final project and this is the one i have seen.. http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-an-RGB-LED-Colour-Slider-using-Bare-Paint/step4/Materials/

Could you confirm guys if that instructions are working correctly? because its really awesome . not just awesome but i could easily find the requirements listed and not too much cost. I have decided to copy this since ive seen this wonderful project. (I originally thought of making a light sensor but saw this and :D)

As you can see, im not making too complicated circuits since im not really very good at circuits i admit that. guys please confirm if the project i linked is working if fully and correctly followed. I cant seem to believe it would work. circuits really is an interesting subject, but sadly, im slow with it. Thanks guys.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
This has to be the most underwhelming instructable I've ever seen.

Sure, it will probably work.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Don't slide the slider too near to the end with the wire connected, or it will blow out the LED. I would say this is a poor design, and not worthy of a final project.

Bob

tigidig3x

Apr 24, 2013
Thank you guys for confirming.
Thanks also for your thoughts about my chosen project, but if this project would be un impressive, could you name other recommendations? Just easy ones please? im really choosing an easy circuits for me not to fail at the defense of our school dean. Recommend other easy ones please, and only breadboards used no arduinos pls.. Thanks guys.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Since you subject is "digital circuits", wouldn't it be better to do something that involves digital circuits?

Bob

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It depends on what you mean by "2 leds".

Do you mean 2 LEDs that turn on and off together, or do you mean 2 LEDs that perform different functions?

You really need to do some work yourself.

If you want the former, I recommend you have a read of the LED tutorial (see the tutorials section above) and see how it's done.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Building an instructable doesn't demonstrate that you have any knowledge of the subject. Have you asked your tutor whether that would be allowed?

What have you been learning about? Have you learnt about any particular ICs? If so, you should do a project using those ICs, obviously.