Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RFID Multi Antenna

dawood

Jul 21, 2016
Hello guys
I am working in a project to customize the rang of RFID. I want to produce a product that have a large variety of ranges but I don't want to use a different types of RFID antennas. To do that I will choose a small range antenna and I will multiple it when I ever need to increase the range. The problem that I never use RFID module and I am not sure if there are a suggestible module will support this Idea.

Sunnysky

Jul 15, 2016
Using splitters isolates antennae at a loss in sensitivity.

Combining antenna with passive filters requires knowledge of antenna impedance, Smith Charts etc.

dawood

Jul 21, 2016
Using splitters isolates antennae at a loss in sensitivity.

Combining antenna with passive filters requires knowledge of antenna impedance, Smith Charts etc.

I did not get your Idea clearly
You are saying that using multiple antenna will cost sensitivity unless I use passive filter???

Do you have other idea to customize the range of the antenna???

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
The problem that I never use RFID module
Hmmm. I think the first step would be to "get smart" about RFID modules before worrying about antennas and range. Who makes the RFID module? Is it active or passive? Over what range of frequencies does it respond when queried? What is the output level of the device interrogating the RFID? What range limits, minimum and maximum, do you expect the RFID and RFID reader to operate over? Will there be objects between the RFID device and the reader? Inside a building or outside? Any reflective or absorbing surfaces nearby? What are you trying to DO?

Sunnysky

Jul 15, 2016
1st essential design is create a spectral loss budget. .. This includes Friis losses , Tx power, Rx threshold,BER requirements, frequency, interference sources and levels.

dawood

Jul 21, 2016
1st essential design is create a spectral loss budget. .. This includes Friis losses , Tx power, Rx threshold,BER requirements, frequency, interference sources and levels.

thank you for your fast replay
not yet
I told you that I know nothing about RFID and I am thinking about the Idea if can be work or not and some hints about the modules that will allow me to extend the range to start read about it.
for more information about my project
I will use arduino with the RFID , wifi shield and some other sensors for other purposes. Moreover I need to write php code and create database for the server.

all that and I have short time to finish so I will be thankful for any help that I can get

Sunnysky

Jul 15, 2016
in a short time if you dont understand how to research yet and learn , copy someones example like a phD thesis online