Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RF Ground Help!!!

edtruji

Nov 10, 2012
I buy this circuit
(2) Transmitters and one (1) Receiver module

I got a cable with 5DCV, coming out from motherboard.

A.png

b.jpg

What I need is that when someone press the button on the transmitter the cable with 5DCV touch ground momentary. That will translate to a pressing button for the motherboard.

D.jpg

D0: Output 0
D1: Output 1
D2: Output 2
D3: Output 3
VT: Switching voltage (will be transmitted to the corresponding output when pressing a button)

Do I can make that the VT output ground, instead of voltage?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks for the help. Watching this video right now. As far as you know that's the only way?

No it's not the only way, it's one (most widely used) way of doing what you want...

As for the image you posted, if you are just simulating key presses by grounding a signal line you likely don't need the relay, the transistor will do just fine...

Look at the image bellow, the transistor is simply replacing the 'button' or 'key' and the line from the receiver is acting as the finger to press the switch...

If you are switching a high current load you will need the relay or a FET, and if you are switching an inductive load like a motor you will need the flyback diode... Both of these are not needed for the simple switching of a low current signal line...

FYI that video was painfully slow..............

Attachments

• npn switch.jpg
    npn switch.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited: