Connect with us

RF Board Programming Help

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Baccanobebop, Oct 1, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Baccanobebop

Baccanobebop

Oct 1, 2015
    Hello,
    I am hoping that someone can help me with a problem I have been having for a while. I am trying to program an REB233SMAD-EK RF board (http://www.atmel.com/tools/REB233SMAD-EK.aspx?tab=documents) with an AVRISP mkII in Atmel Studio 6. But I don't think the board is communicating with the computer. To program the board, I go up to tools in Atmel Studio 6, Device Programming, and input the tool, device, and interface I am using. However when I go to program the fuses on my board I get a message saying my tool was unable to enter programming mode and a message saying "Result received is 0x03". Does anyone know what the problem may be and if so how can I fix this. Thank you very much in advance.

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    The hardware manual says:
    Are you using this interface?
    The module also supports PDI programming.

Chapter 6 of said manual goes into the details of programming the module. A Jumpoer on the module needs to be set correctly for the programming mode you are using. Both modes require that the module be powered from its internal power source (batteries).

Baccanobebop and Arouse1973 like this.
  3. Baccanobebop

Baccanobebop

Oct 1, 2015
    I have made sure that the jumper is in the right position, that the board has power, and that all the wires are connected correctly. My AVRISP mkII seems to be hooked up because the indicator for the board communication is green. However, I'm not sure if this is really the case or if I need to modify the programmer, since I keep getting the same error message every time I attempt to program the board.

4. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm sorry, lacking hands-on experience with this board I can't help anymore. Hopefully another user has valuable information.

5. Baccanobebop

Baccanobebop

Oct 1, 2015
    Alright, thank you for your help.

Ask a Question