Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Rewiring Ceramic Fuse - Question

Carolyn

May 21, 2012
Hi everyone,

I rewired a ceramic fuse (when my overhead lights stopped working) about 5 months ago... All good. Yesterday I pressure cleaned the outside of my house, including around the fuse box. Later that day I realised the overhead lights weren't working so checked the fuse and it was blown. Rewired and plugged it in, lasted about an hour and blew. I have an older house - some has modern wiring with trip switches (buttons say "kitchen power" and "living room power") and then three other plugs, one I know is for the lights, not sure what the others are for. Everything inside my house is working except for overhead lights. I checked the two other ceramic fuses and both have no wire. Question is should I rewire all fuses even though i don't know what they're for?

Kind regards,
Carolyn

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
You do not say where you are. The regulations differ in each country.

Do not connect up an electrical circuit if you do not know what it does. With your older house, the circuits may have been disconnected because they are faulty.

If your fuses blow, you have a fault. You have the choice of repairing this or rebuilding your house when it burns down.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
And use some weatherproof chaulking sealant around the fuse box, water must have
gotten in there when you power-washed it.