Connect with us

Revised strategy

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Trevor, Jan 31, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Trevor

    Trevor Guest

    Thank you all who responded to my first inquiry about hot rodding my
    Leslie 122A speaker. Your replies were very informative and helpful.
    My new approach is to simplify things a bit. What I think I want to
    do now is to simply get a separate tube amp and a studier crossover
    and just use the stock amp for the chorale/tremolo switching duties.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a really good tube for this
    job? I think I would like to end up with about an 80/100
    relationship. 80 watts to the horn and aprox. 100 watts to the
    woofer. I don't believe I even need to switch out drivers, as this is
    one of the new Leslies with the 100watt ferro-fluid driver and the
    100watt woofer. Sure would like the new tube amp to also have have
    6550's for finals. Man I love the way they break-up. Any
    help/suggestions much appreciated.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day