Connect with us

Rest in Peace, Kris

Discussion in 'Announcements, Suggestions & Feedback' started by Ian, Mar 19, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. chopnhack

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
    Donna, I have had Kris on my mind every day, since his passing and wondered what happened to him. Thank you for shedding some light on the mystery of his passing. I can only imagine how hard this has been and continues to be... you are wonderful for taking the time to think of us and for sharing some very personal details. As Hop mentioned, it was a mystery as to why Kris wasn't employed and his health must have been some of the reason. I was amazed at his seemingly endless energy, always active at all hours of the day and night on the forum - sharing what sparks of energy came to him at whatever hour! He truly was a genius. I especially liked that post from FB about MARBLES:

<<
    This didn't cease to put a smile on EVERONEs faces who came across this... Kris was VERY organised, amounst all his electronics gear ( 6 tower of plastic 6 draws full!!) found his labeling skills to be the best....

M.A.R.B.L.E.S
    Miscellaneous . Accessories . Repairs . Broken . Left-over . Extras . Spares
    >>

He has inspired me to continue on my education in electronics and certainly to finish the project he did so much to help me with. I will certainly link a post when it is done as a tribute to him and would love for you to view it when its complete.

Thanks again for thinking of us, his extended family!
    -John

2. kila2000

kila2000

Sep 27, 2012
    I know I'm late to this thread, but I wasn't a regular here and so only just learned of Kris' passing when I came here to seek his help.
    I didn't Kris for long but he was a HUGE help to me. Designing a circuit for my project that perfectly suited my needs and then helping this "noob" in an easy going, easy to understand way but at the same time teaching me some of the things I would need should I get more involved in electronics.
    My biggest regret is having not kept more in touch with Kris. As I only had one project I was working on I didn't get to spend much time talking with him about his own electronics, but I did know that he had a strong passion to help others, and I'm so very thankful for the help he gave me.
    I don't know of his family having not really discussed that with Kris, but my belated condolences go to them. They have lost a son, a brother, a partner and a friend, and we've all lost someone so very kind and willing to help complete strangers.
    RIP Kris, you are missed.

Wil

3. cygnusv

cygnusv

Oct 7, 2014
    The project he helped me with had been ongoing for a very long time. He designed a small circuit that I could understand and build. After 10 months all is still well.

All the best to Donna and Kris' family from the United Kingdom, Stu

4. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    Earlier in this thread I said (paraphrase) that we will undoubtedly have many topics pop up that Kris was deeply involved in. Somewhere down the road these threads will bring a smile to our face but I guess that's going to be a very long way off. Here's the most current posting of another member of the Kris Blue Fan Club

Miss you..
    Chris

5. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    This is how the family of Kris feels now he is gone. I don't think it's related to Kris but from FB this is how they are feeling right now.
    Adam

GS Kris.PNG

bikemech, davenn, (*steve*) and 4 others like this.
  6. chopnhack

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
    I think his online family feels the same. It was a rare treat to have known him.
    RIP Kris.

davenn, mrmodify, hevans1944 and 4 others like this.
  7. CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
    Adam I don't know how you obtained that image but thank you for sharing it. This thread will continue to pop up and It will continue to hurt. It's a good hurt though. I really don't want Kris to be forgotten.

Chris

bikemech, davenn, Arouse1973 and 2 others like this.
  8. chipmum88

chipmum88

Nov 19, 2015
    I agree with the comments you have made

bikemech likes this.
  9. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    It came from the In Memory facebook page that was set up for Kris

bikemech, Arouse1973 and hevans1944 like this.
  10. HellasTechn

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
    That is for sure !

hevans1944 and Arouse1973 like this.
  11. SaDanTheMan

SaDanTheMan

Aug 16, 2016
    Yes I know this is a bit older but as someone who has just in the past couple days discovered this site, I've found the information and the attention to detail that was commanded by Kris to be a true meaning of someone WANTING TO HELP OTHERS... I never had a conversation with him, but have seen others, and it does seem that this forum has lost someone special.

Dan

KJ6EAD, Gryd3, CDRIVE and 3 others like this.
  12. CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
    Yes, we loved Kris. Not just for his knowledge but moreover for his gentile personality that managed to be apparent even through textual communication. Kris was a true salt of the earth and definitely representative of God's finest work.

Chris

hevans1944 likes this.
  13. bikemech

bikemech

Oct 23, 2014
    Almost finished this now adam, only taken me about 5 years

davenn likes this.
  14. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Wow a blast from the past, hope you have been keeping well and good to hear it's nearly working :)

bikemech likes this.
  15. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Aw, geez guys... I still have the parts we tried to use on @TenderTendon's Flashlight Project, all except for that damned fancy LED controller. You know, the one that changed modes when the current through it was briefly interrupted... I had intended to purchase one just to see how brief of an interruption of current was needed to NOT cause a change in mode. Adam and I had both worked on the software aspects of the problem, and I believe our "solutions" might have worked if the LED controller (which had a microprocessor of its own) cooperated. Unfortunately we never found out, and I went on to other "problems" which included retiring to a newly purchased home in Florida.

I am still not set up to work on things like that again, but there is always hope. Parts of various types and vintages are packed away in cardboard boxes, and my test equipment (digital multimeter and digital storage oscilloscope and logic probes) is still available and in working order. I just need to convince my wife that it's worth my time, compared to the huge list of projects in my "Honey Dew" jar.

I thought then, and still believe today, that adding a tiny, thin, insulated wire from the positive terminal of the battery in the front end of the flashlight to the circuit board in the other end would have been the best "solution" to the problem of how to maintain power to the MOSFET switching circuit after the LED was turned on. But, I did learn a LOT about how to put a PIC to "sleep" and get it to awaken again to conserve the charge on the energy storage capacitor. I might even have a use for this knowledge someday before I die. Or maybe I will write it up as a tutorial project and post it here if there is any interest. It's not exactly "new," since placing microprocessors (or micro-controllers) in "sleep" mode to conserve power has been used for quite some time now. The "trick" is getting them to "wake up" and continue doing whatever they were going to do before being put to sleep. That turned out to be difficult for the particular PIC we had decided to use, and yet one more reason that I dislike writing (debugging) software.

Ah, well... I hope Kris (wherever he is now) happens upon this thread, and knows we are still thinking about him and trying to honor his memory.

@bikemech: Pete, I see from your recent posts that you didn't bin your 500W stage-line amp repair project. Kris helped start/steer many projects when he was alive, but many were finished without him seeing the results. I am pretty sure he would not have wanted you to give up because he happened to die... @WHONOES is very technically competent to help you, but I will follow your thread from time to time and jump in if I see where I might be of some help.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021 at 9:16 PM
    bikemech likes this.
  16. bikemech

bikemech

Oct 23, 2014
    Thank you, i admit i made a friend in Kris and completely lost interest after he passed away, his instructions were always clear and informative, i looked forward to his replys and instruction, i have moved this amp from house to house with me and hope someday i will have the knowlage to finish it and go on to repair more , but i do wish Kris was around to see this through with us , thank you for everyones help, i have had this small piece of equipment for a long time now and it would be nice to see it working again, please bear with me if i dont understand some of the abbreviations and ask stupid questions,
    Best regards,
    Pete

17. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Yep, Kris used to get pretty bent-out-of-shape when he gave somebody advice to their questions and they didn't respond to his posts.
    Good to see he's still getting his responses.

hevans1944 and bikemech like this.
Ask a Question