Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Rest in Peace, Kris

cygnusv

Oct 7, 2014
It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform all of the members here that KrisBlueNZ sadly passed away in recent weeks. His recent absence has concerned many of us and @Arouse1973 did some searching to see if there was any news. Sadly we found out why, but we don't know any more details.

Kris was very much central to the forums here and has helped thousands of people in the past few years, plus many articles and detailed posts which will be read for years to come. His legacy on this site is enormous and he will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace, Kris.

I am so sorry to read of this. Kris was so helpful. R.I.P Kris, from the UK

Ernest George

Jul 18, 2014
I just can't believe Kris is gone. He was (almost) my sole contact on this site with my first electronics project. I had bitten off way more then I could chew and Kris helped me with a lot of things that, at the time, seemed insurmountable.

In the process, I learned a fair bit about electronics (for a total newby, and I still am) but one thing was constant. Whenever I had a problem I didn't know how to fix, I would come here and Kris was the first person to respond and I always got the job done - with his help.Whether it was a full blown 'how to' or whether it was parts selection, Kris was right there willing to share his vast experience and to help.

There's a lot of Kris in my project and while all the things he helped me with were simple for anyone experienced with electronics, as a newby, I would never have got the job done without his help. I'm very proud of what I've accomplished, but really, the more proper way to put is what Kris helped me to accomplish. Kris may gone, in person, but his kindness and help and solutions are alive in me, and also in my project.

You will be dearly missed Kris.

FredF

Sep 16, 2014
I am shocked and deeply saddened. I am relatively new to this forum and electronics in general. Kris's posts and advice were always amazingly concise, detailed, and helpful. He was never condescending nor sarcastic, even though many of my newbie posts were probably ridiculously basic in nature.
My condolences to the the family.
RIP Kris.

Last edited by a moderator:

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
It's been two days since I opened my email and read the notification of Kris' passing. In disbelief I read through all the posts left by many of our members but I didn't post a comment till now. Instead I spent the first day cycling while in a daze, not being able to shake this sad news from my mind. Yesterday was worse yet. I managed to get stumbling drunk and went cycling again but in the dark so no one could see me crying.

I'm not ashamed or emabarased to admit to crying and wimpering for the loss of our most loved and respected member. Though Kris lived on the other side of the world from me I always thought we'd chug frosty's or sip wine together one day. I will surely miss teasing Kris' ability to design complex descrete circuitry that could be replaced by a single chip. To say I admired Kris would not do justice to a man who truly left his mark on this earth and an endelable impression upon the people who knew him; even if it was only via the printed word. Most of all I will miss that baby face in his avatar.

As time passes new members will undoubtedly find Kris' posts, miss the notification of his passing and post to the topic. This will trigger an email notification of a new post to the topic. I wonder how long it will take to overcome the wave of sadness that will
surely accompany those notifications.

I will sincerely miss you Kris.

Chris

mikey5791

Jun 7, 2013
Kris helped me with my first electronic kit project and his friendly approach and patiently explaining each step in diagnosing a problem had stirred my continuing interest in learning electronics repair. He deserved my utmost salute for his knowledge and his love of sharing with others. Before I joined this forum, I am a total nerd and totally knows nothing on electronic topic but under his guidance and many others on this forum, I slowly gained confidence and learning more each time. His posts will remain a legacy in this forum.

Recently I am shocked and deeply saddened by news of his departure; that whole day my heart was disturbed and I almost burst into tears even though I have never meet Kris in person. But I strongly believed that he is in heaven now, resting in peace and one day sooner or later we will meet again chatting happily not just on electronics stuff. My condolence to his family and friends.

quantumtangles

Dec 19, 2012
Dreadfully sad to learn Kris passed away. What a terrible terrible shame. An utterly brilliant mind and so patient with everyone, experts and newcomers alike.

Everyone here present is diminished by his loss, just as will everyone else will be diminished in perpetuity. What I would have given to have had a fraction of his ability and patience.

Kris once said how much he liked my signature line. I think I now know why. I am so very sorry. I want to get drunk and cry.

Last edited:

Donna Crosswell

May 7, 2015
It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform all of the members here that KrisBlueNZ sadly passed away in recent weeks. His recent absence has concerned many of us and @Arouse1973 did some searching to see if there was any news. Sadly we found out why, but we don't know any more details.

Kris was very much central to the forums here and has helped thousands of people in the past few years, plus many articles and detailed posts which will be read for years to come. His legacy on this site is enormous and he will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace, Kris.
Hello there,
I am Krisbluenz's girlfriend Donna.
I am so sorry I have not mannaged to reply to anyone as I have been feeling very lost as a resalt of my sweet Kris's passing.
He has made a huge impact on so many lives especially myself and my girls and grand child.
My darling Kris passed away on the 27th Febuary due to a heart attack.
He had a massive attack that left him very ill about 7 years ago and due to his deteriateing health he could not hang on any longer.
Kris was the most loving, compasionate man you could ever meet. a rare kind of man who had all the qualities that most woman dream of sharing.
He was an amazing provider, never angered, always had kind words for everyone and so willing to do anythimg for anyone without quetion.
He was a highly educated and well respected and loved by all those who had the honour to meet him.
He loved children and they adrored him with his stories cuddles and teaching them. He always was the one we could count on in so many ways from a heart to heart talk about problems to a liitle cash to treat the kids or a ride for those out late at night.He loved his cats and dogs and really enjoyed spending fun times with them.
He never raised his voice or raised a hand in anger and he was a keen enviromentalist.
He was a perfectionist in literacy. mathmatics , electronics and loved creating and designing anything and everything.
He loved his music and had amazing taste.
His leaving myself and my family has been a terrible tragety and has effected us so very deeply and we are missing him painfully in our hearts.
We have lost a genius in the world and he will never be forgotten.
2011-08-08 Donna's Weltec graduation 17.jpg
CIMG2622.JPG
CIMG2622.JPG
desktop 004.jpg
Tr650_102806_003.jpg
DSC02812.JPG

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Sincere condolences on your family's loss.
His passing affects many people here also, who communicated with him seeking his advice.(And his wit)
Please know that KrisBlueNZ touched many lives here as well as the ones there. And we miss him greatly.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Thank-you Donna for taking the time to contact us letting us know what happened to Kris. As you can see he had a huge following here and his knowledge will remain here for years to come educating others which was something he loved to do. Thank-you for the pictures of you both and oh he liked cats, what a guy! I am currently helping to finish off a project Kris started before he passed away. It's nearly finished and I have tried to keep it as close as I can to the original design. I think Kris would have approved.
All the best, Adam

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Thankyou so much Donna for taking the time to respond. My words echo those of Adam.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you.
Kris, left friendships and a legacy here that will never be forgotten :)

regards
Dave

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Donna, thank you so much for enlightening us as to the circumstances of Kris' passing.

If you listen to the country song "Three Wooden Crosses" by Randy Travis you may find some solace in the closing lyrics. Those words describe why Kris made such an indelible impression around the entire world with people he never had physical contact with. Yet, so very many of us regarded him as a close friend.

I and all of us will miss him so very much.

Sincerely,
Chris

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Thank you for posting here Donna, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure you've read the many posts on here about how well Kris was liked and how highly we all thought of him - I hope that is some comfort that we all thought he was a great guy too.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
I have not been a member of this forum very long, and stumbled across it almost my accident. One of the people who kept me coming back was Kris. His willingness to delve deep into a user's problem and come up with a complete design solution, including professionally drawn schematics and Bill of Materials (BOM) lists, was impressive and inspirational. Others here may have similar skills, but no one could compete with Kris on his motivation and the sheer volume and quality of his work. It saddened me to learn that such a talented young man was "looking for employment" when he obviously had so much to offer. Perhaps his health was an issue with that, but it was never apparent in his postings here. The world has truly lost a treasure with his untimely demise.

Hop