Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Rest in Peace, Kris

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform all of the members here that KrisBlueNZ sadly passed away in recent weeks. His recent absence has concerned many of us and @Arouse1973 did some searching to see if there was any news. Sadly we found out why, but we don't know any more details.

Kris was very much central to the forums here and has helped thousands of people in the past few years, plus many articles and detailed posts which will be read for years to come. His legacy on this site is enormous and he will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace, Kris.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I was shocked to hear this news and spent the rest of the day with a very heavy heart. A few of us have been a part of a very somber conversation where it was decided to wait until we had sufficient confirmation to announce this to the other members. The truth has been quite apparent for some time, but I feel that nobody really wanted to accept it.

I'd like to add that we've reached out to a couple of members of his family and friends to express a desire to send our condolences to his family. As yet none of them have gotten back to us, and we must understand that to them we are just strangers.

If anyone wishes to place their condolences here, the moderators will ensure that the family is given a link should they contact us.

I will regret forever that I was unable to get to New Zealand another time as a visit to Kris was something I had planned for my next visit there.

I think I can speak for everyone in saying that we will try to continue to assist people that Kris was in the middle of helping, but we can never hope to replace him.

Vale, Kris N.

Steve

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Kris
You have been an inspiration to many of us, I enjoyed reading many of your detailed posts which you used to write with such ease. I remember saying to you bloody hell Kris, that would have taken me all weekend to write that much. It took you half an hour. You must have had smoke coming from your fingers. I do remember one of your sayings that made me laugh "Well Butter My Buns" your right you said. Well I am still struggling with this a bit to be honest and better go before I burst into tears. I am 6ft 3in and 18 Stone, but you still made me cry Kris :)
R.I.P
Adam

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Kris, words can not express the gratitude I have for you. You took me along, a total stranger at the time, on a fascinating journey in electronics... something I have been interested in since I was a boy. You helped me understand, patiently explained and re-explained :rolleyes: concepts that I thought were beyond me. You rekindled my love of electronics and were a great sound board for some of my off the rocker ideas! I don't know what happened to you, but I hope your end was quick and without suffering. I am forever grateful for the time you spent with me. I know one day we will meet again, until then my friend, keep smiling :)
-John

Ian - some forums put a little RIP under the deceased avatar. It helps members to know to not message the person as there won't be a response.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Am almost lost for words ... this has made me very sad .... Kris and I had struck up a friendship and chatted about all sorts of thing going on in both of our lives. Work, health, families etc. My heart goes out to his mom, and family and to Donna his GF :(

You were an awesome guy Kris. and as I had said to him many times, I so respected and admired his electronics knowledge
his circuit design abilities made mine pale into insignificance.

He also had a lot of respect for you as well Steve and your electronics knowledge.....

one of his comments to me in a chat one day was and made me giggle .....
Hi Dave :)

Yeah I'm having a good one. Just deciding whether to crack into this bottle of 2008 Aussie Cabernet Sauvignon and working on a reply that tries to explain capacitor-fed power supplies.

I suspect that even with a bottle of wine in him he would have been still more capable than me of offering a good explanation ;)

we both laughed about never being able to catch up with your post count, Steve :)

will miss ya Kris, Bro :(

Ya mate
Dave

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Ian - some forums put a little RIP under the deceased avatar. It helps members to know to not message the person as there won't be a response.

I'll see what I can do, as I can imagine that he'll be getting a lot of PMs and replies still. I'll edit his user title and see if I can do it that way. He's really going to be missed.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
That explains it, I'm sorry to hear.
My condolences go out to his family and friends.
He was always so helpful to everyone on here, even when it was an obvious waste of time, he still spent it to help out strangers.
I do not know him as well as many of you, but he still made a big impact to everyone on the forums. Considering how he carried himself here, I can just imagine the impact he had at home.
I am incredibly thankful to the knowledge he shared and the help he has provided to myself and everyone here.

- Jerid Levitsky.
Canada, BC.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
What a tragedy. I considered Kris as a mentor and friend.
He always used my real name.

Trevor

Hi Trevor
That was nice. I didn't know your name sorry. I think thats why it is so much better to sign off a thread with your name. They could be a robot as far as I am concerned. Its much more friendly when people do that. Lets all get to know each other, it will make for a much better forum. Maybe I'll start a get to know you thread? We can all then be more at ease with people and have a bit more of a laugh. Because this forum is so much more than just that.
Adam

bikemech

Oct 23, 2014
Oh no!!, my condolences to his family, I only got chance to know him for a few months, even after this short time I considered him a friend, he was truly a ledgend in his field and I feel privileged he spent some of his time trying to help and educate me , RIP Kris and thank you so much for your time and effort,

I almost feel like putting the amp in the bin now, he will never see it finished after all his hard work,:(
Pete.

Last edited:

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I almost feel like putting the amp in the bin now, he will never see it finished after all his hard work,:(
Pete.
He does not see many of the finished projects he helps with on the Forum, and yet he still helped. I think it may be best to try your best to complete it, but everyone has their own version of how they show their respect and I'm not about to debate which way is best. Do what you feel is right with it.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
It is so sad to hear Kris Heidenstrom (@KrisBlueNZ) is no longer with us. I will certainly miss him. Kris once posted on my profile page, "You're a mine of interesting information, and we are lucky to have you here :)"

Lucky, indeed! I just returned from a four-day hospital stay, after complaining to my wife for several days that I felt like I was suffocating. She finally convinced me to make a trip to the emergency room, where they discovered my lungs had filled with water, probably because my heart ejection fraction is now below 30%. It took three days for diuretic injections to clear out enough fluid through my kidneys to allow me to go home. Next month I am scheduled for a Medtronic pacemaker/defibrillator implant under my collar bone, with two wires threaded in veins to my heart. Hopefully, this will allow my heart to keep on tickin' a while longer... the implant has a ten-year battery life, so I am somewhat optimistic.:rolleyes:

Rest in peace, Kris. You will be missed.

73 de AC8NS
Hop

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Oh no!!, my condolences to his family, I only got chance to know him for a few months, even after this short time I considered him a friend, he was truly a ledgend in his field and I feel privileged he spent some of his time trying to help and educate me , RIP Kris and thank you so much for your time and effort,

Pete.
No dont do that, we will get it going. Steve is on the case now , Kris would like to have seen it working. If due to distance and not being there Steve cant get it going, I promise I will. What ever it takes. Even if you have to send it to me.
Adam

bikemech

Oct 23, 2014
I just feel so sad , GUTTED I think is the word, Kris was such a nice bloke, was on the case as soon as I posted with my project, along with a few more of you guys!, he taught me a lot and always took time to explain things in a way I could understand, in the short time I conversed with him, he taught me more than I thought possible, wish I could have met him and had more time to learn more from him, and I find it hard to admit this as I hardly knew him but I am close to tears! GOD BLESS KRIS, AND THANK YOU

TenderTendon

Dec 20, 2014
I hadn't heard from him for quite a while and feared something like this might have happened. Very sad to hear it is true, He was a good man who was always willing to help others. I got to know him pretty well through private conversations and considered him a friend. I will miss picking his brain, but most of all, I will miss all the time spent chatting with him. I was in the middle of a couple projects with him. I have lost all ambition to finish these, as such a large part of them was him. The world will miss him on many levels. My sincere condolences go out to his loved ones, which I'm sure are very many...

Jeff

Last edited: