Maker Pro
Maker Pro

resistor or transistors burnt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Perret

Jan 3, 2013
Hi folks , this topic is following another one about a toy rc that I was trying to run on a lipo 3S pack 1050mah,30C instead of the regular nicd/nimh 9.6V pack and the car ran about 20% faster for about 50 meters before coming to a dead stop. It had a burnt smell around the power transistors and I immediately suspected one or more burnt power transistors for forward motion ( rear still working ) but then I saw that 5w ceramic resistor connected to the terminal of one of the 4 transistors so do you guys think that this resistor would have taken the extra power and died saving the transistors or not?

Thanks lot!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
what was the voltage of the LiPo pack ?

if the same voltage, there shouldn't have been a problem

Dave

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
so ask yourself the question

is it any wonder that when running a device designed for 9.6V that it produced a burning smell when you ran it at 12.6V ?

does it need further elaboration ? ;)

Dave

Jean Perret

Jan 3, 2013
You should then know then a nicd/nimh fully charged is 11.5V...And you are not answering my question probably because you don't know..

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You should then know then a nicd/nimh fully charged is 11.5V...And you are not answering my question probably because you don't know..

No, this is the response you should expect if you start a new thread.

The other information is in the other thread that you so kindly did not reference. Do you expect Dave to know everything about your batteries? DO you expect him to have read and memorised every post?

If you had posted this in the original thread then maybe you could have mentioned that this information existed earlier in the thread.

I'm trying to find a polite way to say that you're a rude git who should think twice before criticising people who are trying to help. I note you don't make mention of trying the things suggested in the other thread. I find no good reason for this thread, and in fact I thought this was just a new page on the existing one (that I happen to remember a little of since I had given you advice that you don't mention here).

The answer to your question in this thread is "I have no idea".

I would probably start asking you questions, but I'm no longer inclined to help you.

I'm going to close this thread (I can't even be bothered merging it with the other one).

If you want an answer post the question again in your original thread and hope that someone is willing to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.