Maker Pro
Maker Pro

replacing resistors

steve11

Aug 24, 2009
Can anyone help me with replacing resistors for a treadmill? I have two to replace, but not sure what values I can substitute since I cannot find exact matches.

1) Tan colored resistor - 4 color bands BLU, RED, GRN, GOL (6.2m OHM 5%)

2) Blue colored resistor - 5 color bands GRN, YEL, WHI, RED, BRW (54.9K OHM 1%)

ElectronWorks

Aug 20, 2009
If you don't know what you are doing, I would suggest getting as close to these values as possible. These are odd values of resistor, so it looks like they have been 'calculated' instead of just thrown in (like most 10k resistors for example). When buying replacements, go for the same physical size too as this will give you a good idea of the power rating of them.

Either way, switch on carefully, if you do not have a schematic.

Strube

Aug 25, 2009
Steve11,

Use the exact value resistor. Especially when one of them is a 1% tolerance.

You can order the exact resistors you need at digikey.com

Search for "resistors" then, under resistors, click on "through hole". Using the filters select the value of your resistors. Be sure to replace them with ones that are of the same power rating or greater.

Keep in mind that when you replace a burnt or bad component you should first figure out why they went bad. There may be a bigger problem.

Strubes

Dean Huster

Oct 26, 2008
These are odd values of resistor, so it looks like they have been 'calculated' instead of just thrown in

There's nothing odd about those values at all. Both are standard values in their respective tolerance categories!