Connect with us

Replacing capacitors

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by juantravel, Jan 18, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. juantravel

juantravel

May 14, 2010
    I have a samsung lcd model 216wb. The screen started flickering so I decided to open it up. I found some bad capacitors. Im thinking bout replacing them but when I went online i got some for a good deal. There 820uf 25v. Would it make a difference if I replaced when hfz capacitor with the same ratings?

2. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    Replace what with what? (Brands, series, values, sizes.)

3. jerryg50

jerryg50

Apr 18, 2010
    Generally, in most circuit applications such as in bypass, or low impedance coupling, or in non critical resonance areas, as long as the uF (mfd) rating is within about 20% there should normally not be any problem.

It is also very important the voltage rating, and the temperature rating of replacement capacitor is the same or greater than what the circuits call for.

The last obstacle is the physical characteristics of the substituted capacitor. The capacitor has to be able to be safely mounted and soldered in to position.

Jerry G.

Ask a Question