Maker Pro
Maker Pro

replacement transformer

hunt4it44

Sep 10, 2010
I am trying to repair a solar powered fence charger that has a bad output transformer (I hear it popping and can see it arcing beneath the epoxy). The transformer is soldered directly to the circuit board via 4 pins. The manufacturer of the fence charger only sells replacement circuit boards and not components. There are no markings on the transformer that provide a part number. Does anyone know a way to determine the specs of the transformer so I can find a suitable replacement?

thanks.

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
That will not be easy. It's surely custom-made, and such transformers have a lot of spec's to them. But perhaps a picture of it can give someone an idea.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
If you're still monitoring this post:
Contact some elec fence manufacturers, and tell them your problem, with any information you might have on your electronics package. People install these systems, and they're exposed to the elements for years. When they fail, nobody can read the original mfgr information. Places that supply these devices are used to that, and will have a way to figure out what you need. You MIGHT get a knowledgeable installation tech at a local company who can help you. You WON'T get a knowledgeable sales rep, he'll just want to sell you a whole new system. You WILL get somebody to help you if you contact a manufacturer of the systems.
Good luck.