Connect with us

Replacement parts are outrageous...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by macl2, Apr 12, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. macl2

macl2

Apr 12, 2013
    Does anyone here know where to find replacement parts for generally every modern day electronic device for a good and low prices?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    No...

3. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    as soon as you find that let us know and Im sure that a good many of us would be more than willing to toss you a fair penny for the information....

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I didn't know they made modern day electronic devices that were worth repairing.

5. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    Well they would be worth it if you could consitantly find cheap parts for them, I mean the way that I do it is if I find something that is broken or a friend has something I will look and if its not the power supply, or if one of the boards (the one I know that is bad) isnt really cheap then I just toss whatever it is.

But you luck out sometimes, like I got a 32" Samsung TV with a bad video controller board, that board was 30 bucks shipped, its a nice TV for 30 Bucks, if it was the video input board then it would have cost about $120, not so worth it.

A friend got an older 40" Samsung from the dump, paid $4.83 for a few Caps and its fixed perfectly.

Its all about how easy it is to fix haha, looking for amplifiers and things like that where you would find the parts in years past (or would have equivalents) doesnt work anymore due to companies use of proprietary parts.

6. weatherjack

weatherjack

Dec 9, 2011
    I go to the laundry room in the basement! I have a treasure chest there (well giant cardboard box) that is full of old/new boards with many good parts. My fiance does not like it but hey... she gets to keep the cats and I get to keep the treasure chest! I get these from places like clist, friends, family, ect..

7. Brian Ski

Brian Ski

Apr 19, 2013
    What do you mean by replacement parts??? If you are wanting to replace an entire board, yes that would be pretty expensive. Now if you are down to component level, prices are pretty cheap, except for some proprietary parts. Most of the expense comes from the labor. The smarts to know which little do dad needs replacing.

Ask a Question