Connect with us

replacement keypad

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by zzoom, Apr 28, 2017.

1. zzoom

zzoom

Apr 28, 2017
    Hi all:
    trying to locate a keypad to a 80's security system. Scantronic AV9000, keypad EKP 1. Thanks ,zzoom.

2. ChosunOne

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
    This is interesting. I worked with a few Scantronic panels back in the 80's, but I don't think I've seen any around here since then. I was surprised when I Googled "Scantronic AV9000, that I found a manual copyrighted "10/1/97". Are you sure your system was installed in the 80's and not in the late 90's?

I wish you luck finding a keypad for a control panel that old.
    If you can't, I recommend a Honeywell/Ademco Vista-20, Vista-20SE, or Vista-20P and keypad(s) to replace your panel & keypad(s). The reason I favor the Honeywell (formerly Ademco) brand is that they have the industry's best record for making their equipment back-compatible with former models. For instance, if you had bought a Vista-20 back in '97, today's keypads would be compatible with it. No other brand that I'm aware of (and I've worked with all the major ones) can make that claim.

3. zzoom

zzoom

Apr 28, 2017
    Thanks for the info. The keypad I'm looking for is from the 90's. Scantronic AV 9000 EKP 1 LED.

Ask a Question