Connect with us

Replacement for the K4101 transistor

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by thak123, Aug 17, 2012.

1. thak123

thak123

Aug 17, 2012
    my LCd monitor just got fried yesterday ...I checked all the parts and got replacement for all the other parts but the transister with the name K4101 is not available at local vendor and he said to find a replacement for it.

Can anyone suggest the replacement for this Transister K4101

2. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    Picture would be useful here

3. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
  4. john monks

john monks

Mar 9, 2012
    You will just have to take a chance.
    I'm assuming that your part number is 2SK4101FS.
    The closest I find for this is STP10N80Z.

These types of transistors are easy to check with an ohmmeter once they are out of the circuit. The gate should appear open relative to the other leads and the other leads should conduct to each other or appear open depending on the gate voltage.

5. thak123

thak123

Aug 17, 2012
    k41019k3 are the letters printed on the transister...is it same as the one u r referring over here.

can i use the same equivalent for this model

6. john monks

john monks

Mar 9, 2012
    You just have to take a chance.
    Normally when I substitute a transistor I look for:
    Transistor type
    Polarity
    Pin to pin compatibility
    Max Vce
    Max Ic
    Max power dissipation
    Transition frequency
    Ccb
    So substituting a transistor can be very complex because sometimes a transistor is chosen for very peculiar reasons such and low leakage, avalanching, and so forth.
    So short of a schematic you may just have to take a chance.

7. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I will add that most often they're not.

Look around on the board. If the same transistor is used in quite a number of places, it's a pretty sure bet that it's the designers favourite and he or she has used that wherever a general purpose transistor is required.

This happens a lot with surface mount boards because there is a significant benefit in using the minimum number of different parts (the machines used to pick and place have a limited number of slots).

If it's the only one amongst quite a number of others on the board, then it's more likely to be a critical part.

8. thak123

thak123

Aug 17, 2012
    there is one similar kind of component but it has SP10100 written on it

9. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Or it was simply a low cost stocked part by the assembly house that fit the requirements (if given)...

When I have looked over assembly houses they generally all have a list of 'stocked' parts, and you can lower assembly cost by substituting those stock parts into your design instead of specifying a specific model or brand they would need to custom order just for your run...

10. Comnics

Comnics

Feb 12, 2012
    I have one LCD TV monitor here the problem is no power. the transistor K8A60d was defective. i go to electronics store to buy but there's no available, i just replace K3067 then the monitor was OK. i hope this will help.

Ask a Question