Connect with us

repairing speakers

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by meirman, Sep 6, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. meirman

    meirman Guest

    I"ve checked the web and, but haven't seen exactly what
    I need.

    I used to use service cement to repair the paper parts of speakers,
    but I don't do that much anymore, I only need to do one speaker, and
    my service cement is gone. IIRC it was like rubber cement, from a
    stationery store, but I'm not sure I do recall. Is that right, will
    rubber cement work ok?

    A webpage I found said to cut pieces of tissue, like Kleenex, I guess,
    and soak them in a mixture of Elmer's white glue and water. Beside
    rips, I have one little hole.


  2. Arfa Daily

    Arfa Daily Guest

    I guess that Elmers white glue is standard PVA ( polyvinylacetate ) glue. If
    it is, I have used this method to great effect in the past. PVA is also your
    standard wood glue, although I seem to think that this is yellow in the
    U.S. - I'm guessing that's where you are. With PVA that starts out in the
    bottle about the thickness of pouring cream, I water it about 50%, then use
    bathroom tissue put on in layers, and wetted down with the glue mixture. Do
    the back of the hole as well if you can get to it.

    I have also used silicon rubber sealant ( sanitarywear sealant grade ) in
    the past, to repair long throw cone suspensions where they have started to

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day