Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Repairing Ribbon Cable.

8UCKW1LD

Dec 30, 2015
Hey there, I'm quite new to hobby electronics and I have a few quick questions.

I recently went out and bought a pair of sunglasses with a video recording built in. I paid maybe $15 bucks at some pawn shop for it, and after using it for awhile I decided I didn't like the camera quality and wanted to make it better.

Now I had a few old Samsung S3s laying around so I dismantled the front face camera and cut it, and want to attach it to the sunglasses. Is this possible? I have pictures of everything if needed.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 126

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
Hey there, I'm quite new to hobby electronics and I have a few quick questions.

I recently went out and bought a pair of sunglasses with a video recording built in. I paid maybe $15 bucks at some pawn shop for it, and after using it for awhile I decided I didn't like the camera quality and wanted to make it better.

Now I had a few old Samsung S3s laying around so I dismantled the front face camera and cut it, and want to attach it to the sunglasses. Is this possible? I have pictures of everything if needed.

Thanks!

Theoretically YES practically NO...
There is almost complete certainty they don't match in any parameter possible.:(

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
agreed, and the possibility of repairing/joining those types of ribbon cables lies somewhere between non-existent and none at all

Dave